Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chapter 6-Charleston, SC

Gabe was still admiring the picture of Lacy and her dad when she walked into the living room. She stood silently in the doorway watching him gaze at the picture. She wondered if he was some sort of detective/private investigator the Grossman's had hired to snoop around her place.

Maybe it wasn't a coincidence Rob had shown up. Maybe he had come to warn her that his dad was sending someone to investigate her. She had plenty of skeletons in the closet, but none anyone knew about. Her conscience wasn't as spotless as her record.

"Your tea is served," Lacy crooned in an even thicker southern accent than she really had.

"Why, thank you ma'am," Gabe replied, playing along and taking the tea from her hand. "Is this a picture of you and your father?"

"Yeah, it was taken when I was about 8. It's one of the few pictures I have of he and I. I hate that I lost him when I was 16."

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"You couldn't have known. It's old news now," Lacy felt her body tense.

"What happened?"

"Car accident. Anyway, what brings you into Charleston this late? And, seriously, why not get a hotel? You don't look like your suffering from lack of funds."

"Honestly? Promise you won't call the cops?"

"Um, no. Not gonna promise that, because I don't know what you're gonna tell me."

"Okaaay, I'll be honest anyway. I just like the thrill of breaking into people's houses and seeing how other people live."

"Seriously? You're kidding right? That's lame."

Gabe put the picture down and brushed by Lacy and flopped down on the couch. "Look I am really tired. So, are you going to let my 'lame' ass stay here for the night, call the cops, or shoot me? We can go over the particulars later. I'd be happy to tell you all about me in the a.m., but for now, I'd really like to get some sleep."

Lacy stared at Gabe, burning a hole right through to the back of his skull. She was trying to figure this guy out. He didn't seem to be lying to her, but she still had a suspicious feeling about him. Could she trust him to be in her house by himself?

"Tell you what, instead of sleeping on the couch, why don't you sleep with me in my bed?"

"Haha, I've heard of fast, but this is ridiculous!"

"Not like that, moron. I just don't trust you. If you're in bed with me then I know where you are at all times."

"What if I sneak off without you hearing me?"

"Oh, that won't happen." Lacy pulled her .22 caliber pistol from her garter and pointed right between Gabe's eyes. "Why don't we take a walk upstairs?"

Gabe did as he was told. He stood up slowly and made his way out of the living room and down the main hallway towards the back of the house. There was no way he was going to die tonight at the hands of someone as beautiful as Lacy. Normally, he could smooth talk any girl he wanted; except this time he knew there was no way out.

As they climbed the hardwood staircase up to the second floor, Lacy stuck the gun right in the soft spot of his shoulder blade. Gabe knew she was serious about him doing what she said.

"Sit on the bed and slide back to the headboard."

Gabe did as he was told, but he watched Lacy very intently trying to figure out her next move. When he noticed the slats in the headboard, he knew what was coming next. Handcuffs.

Lacy pulled out a set of stainless steel handcuffs and locked Gabe's wrist in on cuff and one of the slats in the other. There was no way out of this predicament.

"Now, to tuck you in," smirked Lacy.

"I think I am already tucked in, thanks."

"Well, get some rest and we will finish this discussion in the morning."

Sitting there in amazement of the turn of events this night had taken, Gabe watched as Lacy slid seductively out of her robe and into the bed, pulling the covers right under her chin.

"Night, John Boy," Lacy said in her "fake" southern accent.

"Night?" Gabe muttered, not quite sure this was really happening.

Within minutes Lacy was fast asleep and Gabe tried to slide down into the bed so he could sleep without sitting up. Unbelievable! I can't believe I'm handcuffed to a bed with a beautiful girl, but nothing's gonna happen. What the hell have I walked into?

While trying to rationalize his situation, Gabe slipped off into a deep slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment